The hero ingredient in the chocolate chip oatmeal cookies is the nutty oatmeal, which differentiates these special cookies from standard chocolate chip cookies. This recipe results in making tasty and soft chips, and you would not mind chewing to get the best taste.
Total time to cook the chocolate chip oatmeal cookies
20 minutes preparation time
About 15 minutes to bake
A total of 35 minutes
Yield: about 20 to 100 cookies, depending on the size of the cookies.
- 227g (16 tbsp) of butter, unsalted and at normal temperature
- 213g (1 cup) of packed light brown sugar
- 99g (half cup) granulated sugar.
- 1 egg at normal temperature
- One egg yolk at normal temperature
- 14g (1 tbsp) vanilla extract
- 241g (2 cups) Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 510g (3 cups) semisweet chocolate chips
- 89g (1 cup) oats (traditional or latest fast-cooking type)
- ¾ table salt
- One teaspoon baking powder
- One teaspoon baking soda
- Start with the butter and the sugar. Beat the two together till the texture is smooth.
- Add egg, egg yolk, and vanilla to the mixture and beat together.
- Take the All-Purpose flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and oats in another bowl. Whisk these together. Add the mixture to the butter egg mixture.
- The mixing of all the ingredients is one of the main steps. You need to ensure that you mix all the ingredients thoroughly and there is a fine constituency achieved of the mixture. Do not forget the bottom part of the mixture; scrape it and the bowl sides to mix it all well.
- Now is the time to introduce the chocolate chips and mix it well in the mixture.
- Meanwhile, ensure that your oven is preheated to 325°F.
- Take a few cookie sheets and grease the same with lightly with non-stick vegetable oil.
Size of the cookies
It is also time to decide the size of the cookies. Note this:
- For bigger-sized cookies, the size of your palm, take a muffin scoop. It is ¼ of a cup. This mixture will make about 20 cookies.
- For medium-sized cookies, take a tablespoon cookie scoop, that is, four teaspoons scoop. About 50 such cookies can be made.
- For small-sized cookies, you need to take a teaspoon cookie scoop. It is about two teaspoons scoops and will result in making 100 cookies.
Continuing the process
- Take the dough that you had prepared earlier and scoop it to the cookie sheets. Ensure that you leave about one and a half inches to two inches between each cookie.
- The baking time is about 15 minutes. You can bake them for 12 minutes to 17 minutes. Once the cookies turn light golden-brown and the edges start to get darker, it is time to stop the oven.
- As the cookies cool down, the center part of the cookies will get further baked.
- Remove the cookies from the oven, put them in the rack to cool down.
After preparing the cookie dough, it is good to refrigerate the dough for about half an hour. Doing so makes the cookies better flavored and textured.