Simple and easy-to-prepare, delectable and filled with the goodness of bananas and blueberries, our recipe of the best gluten-free banana and blueberry muffins will soon become the best bite on your list. What's so special about this recipe? The soft and tender muffins with the sharpness of blueberries and bananas' starchier taste deliver a unique flavor.
Banana Blueberry Muffins - gluten-free
The reason why you will love this recipe is the effortless cooking required to make the muffins. The gluten-free raw ingredients are easily available, and you do not require a mixer to blend or mix any item. Ensure that you pick the right free-of-gluten flour and other ingredients to get the desired fluffiness and taste.
While there is no doubt about these muffins' awesome taste, they are also nut-free and dairy-free. Adding coconut sugar makes the muffins free of harmful refined sugar.
Do's and Don'ts for making tasty free-of-gluten banana blueberry muffins.
- Let the bananas be too ripe.
- Let the blueberries be fresh, if possible. If not, you can use frozen ones too.
- When buying ingredients, ensure that they are far from the expiry date.
- Check the recipe once thoroughly before starting.
- This recipe works best when the ingredients are all at room temperature.
- Preheat the oven and then let it be as it is for five minutes to allow the heat to spread evenly.
- The egg has a crucial role to play in this recipe to get the right texture. However, if you are not allowed to have eggs or some other issue, replace the eggs with vegan egg. Prepare by using ground flaxseed and water.
- Also, ensure that you use a spoon to measure the flour (gluten-free) rather than scooping it up.
- The other point that can make a difference to your cooking experience is to use a metallic baking pan to make the banana blueberry gluten-free muffins. The metallic pan heats up fast.
- Remember to use paper liners to make the muffins.
- To make the muffins sugar-free, remember to add granulated sugar and coconut sugar.
Ingredients to make the delectable banana blueberry muffins free-of-gluten
Preparation Time = 10 minutes. Cooking Time = 25 minutes.
- One-and-half-cup gluten-free flour
- One teaspoon baking powder (gluten-free)
- One egg at normal temperature
- Half-a-teaspoon salt
- Half-a-teaspoon baking powder
- One-third cup oil, preferably avocado oil
- Two overripe bananas, medium-size. Mash the bananas.
- A cup of fresh blueberries, if possible. If not, frozen blueberries.
- Two-third cup of granulated sugar
- Half-a-cup applesauce (unsweetened)
- One teaspoon vanilla extract (gluten-free)
These ingredients are used for making about 12 dairy-free, vegan, Nut-free Banana Blueberry muffins (gluten-free) with no refined sugar.
Steps to make Banana Blueberry gluten-free muffins
- Take a metallic muffin pan and line it with a paper liner suitable for 12-servings.
- The oven has to be preheated to 350°F (180°C).
- The oven rack has to be placed at the center of the oven.
- Take a bowl, medium size that is to be used for mixing the ingredients. Spoon out flour into the bowl. Add baking soda, baking powder and salt, and mix the same.
- Take another bowl, big size, to prepare the wet mixture. Place the mashed bananas; add the egg, oil, sugar, applesauce and vanilla extract. Whisk the mixture well.
- Now, take the wet mixture and add it to the dry mixture. Stir the entire mixture till all the ingredients mix well.
- Add the fresh blueberries now.
- Add the batter to the cupcake pan now. Use a spoon to do so. Add the batter only till two-third of the cup.
- Set the oven timer for about 25 minutes. Start the timer for baking.
- Use a toothpick to check if the cupcakes are evenly baked or not. When inserted in the centre, the toothpick should not have any residue on it.
- Once the cupcakes have been prepared and cooled, use an airtight container to store them at normal temperature.